Jeff Thomas, President of SHINE, says, “I am very impressed with the diversity of this Board. They bring unique skills and experiences all of which point to growth, our goal for 2012 and beyond. I eagerly look forward to the collective wisdom, network, and influence they will impart upon SHINE Systems in the next few years.”
The members of SHINE Systems’ new Board of Advisors are:
Doug Keach has over 35 years of executive leadership experience including small, privately held businesses and large, publicly held businesses spanning the US Federal, state, and local governments; commercial; and international markets. Mr. Keach has honed a reputation for rapid market expansion as follows:
- led a 5-fold growth as President of Digital Management Inc. from 2005-2008
- created an integrated business development organization within DigitalNet/BAE Systems that captured over $100M in contracts
- re-defined offerings and business development strategy for a small software solutions provider (Avanco) and a Fast 50 8(a) (Creative Information Technology, Inc.)
- started and led Wang International’s global desktop and networking outsourcing business resulting in $250M in new business
- grew I-NET 4-fold to $400M with its largest federal contract ($200M) and first commercial contract ($30M)
- served a key role in the development of Computer Sciences Corporation’s range services business including initial wins at Edwards AFB ($180M) and Eastern Test Range ($360M)
At CSC from 1975 to 1992, Mr. Keach managed delivery and operation of onsite solutions and services at NASA’s Goddard, Kennedy, and Stennis Centers as well as DOE’s operation in Las Vegas. His NASA experience includes development of the Space Shuttle onboard avionics system at the Johnson Space Center and leading the Shuttle Software Systems Branch at the Space and Missile Systems Organization in Los Angeles. Mr. Keach holds Masters and Bachelor of Science degrees in Engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology and Alfred University. He oversees and is growing SHINE Systems’ new presence and operations in the Washington DC metro area.
Linda Allan served as the Executive Vice President for NCI Information Systems (NASDAQ: NCIT) from 1991 until her retirement in 2008. She was responsible for executing activities focused on business growth, acquisitions, and risk mitigation, and overseeing NCI’s growth from a small 8(a) firm with $1 million in revenue to a large, publicly traded company with over 2,500 employees and $390 million in revenue in 2008. Prior to joining NCI, Ms. Allan held senior operations positions with Automated Sciences Group, MAXIMA Corporation, and Litton Bionetics. Ms. Allan earned Masters (Biomedical Sciences) and Bachelor (Biology) of Science degrees from Hood College, Frederick, MD. Currently, Ms. Allan also serves on the Board of Advisors for Information International Associates, Inc., INDUS Corporation, and OnPoint Consulting, Inc.
Steve Hanau is a retired United States Army Lieutenant Colonel. During a distinguished 22-year career he served in field units in Germany, Vietnam, and Korea and culminated his career with high-level positions in the Offices of the Army Chief of Staff and the Secretary of Defense. He provided the analysis to support many policy decisions and negotiations between the United States and its allies in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. After his retirement from the Army, Mr. Hanau served in senior positions for several private and public information technology companies providing technology support to Federal and commercial entities. These positions included:
- President of the Enterprise Services Group for I-NET, Inc where he was responsible for the development of best practices and the delivery of shared services to Government and Fortune 1000 organizations.
- President of the Enterprise Managed Services divisions of Getronics North American Operations and Wang Global. He had P&L responsibility for the sales, marketing, design, and delivery of seamless, client-tailored information and communication technology solutions based upon outsourcing and out-tasking programs and relationships.
- Senior Vice President, Marketplace Services for Commerce One. He was responsible for all recurring services involved in delivering and supporting e-marketplaces for Fortune 1000 companies and their suppliers.
- Senior Vice President of Managed Application and Outsourcing Services for AppNet where he established a remote center for the management and support of customer applications developed by the company and led the integration efforts when the company was acquired by Commerce One.
- President of DigitalNet Government Solutions. He was a key member of the senior management team responsible for growth of the company both organically and through acquisitions, the public offering of DigitalNet and the eventual sale of the company to BAE Systems.
- Vice President and General Manager for Government Enterprise Systems Group, a $370M information technology division of BAE Systems Information Technology. He was responsible for all aspects of operations for Civilian and DoD lines of business.
Mr. Hanau is a graduate of the United States Military Academy. He earned advanced degrees in operations research from Stanford University and in business administration from Long Island University.
Jon A. Gallinetti is the Vice President for Defense Relations for Rolls-Royce North America, Inc. In this position he is responsible for managing all aspects of Marine Corps and Army Aviation Programs and Requirements as they relate to the Department of Defense as well as Congressional interests that may arise.
Jon joined Rolls-Royce North America, Inc. after more than 35 years in the United States Marine Corps retiring as a Major General in 2007. He has senior executive level experience in enterprise leadership and aviation operations – with over 5300 flight hours in several types of fighter and rotary winged aircraft to include the F/A-18 Hornet and AV-8B Harrier.
Before joining the company, he most recently served as Deputy Commander, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Command. His prior positions include Commander, Joint Warfighting Center and USJFCOM’s J7/Joint Force Trainer where he was responsible for training world-wide Joint Task Force commands primarily in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Horn of Africa, along with other Combatant Command requirements; Chief of Staff, Multi-National Force Iraq responsible for day-to-day warfighter operations, execution, planning and logistics for the Joint Force during Operation Iraqi Freedom; Commander Marine Corps Air Bases Western Area; and Deputy Wing Commander, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing
Additionally, in previous assignments he had multiple command leadership tours at the Squadron, Air Group, Air Wing, and senior staff level positions both within the Marine Corps and joint community. In an earlier joint tour with JFCOM he had experience working with the NATO command structure and the NATO Partnership for Peace Program involving nations of the Former Soviet Union regarding their training, exercises, and education.
Jon received a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from California State University, Fresno CA. Additionally, he received a Master of Science degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the Naval War College, Newport RI, as well as a Master of Arts degree in Management from Salve Regina University. He also attended numerous warfighting, leadership and business related courses of instruction throughout his career.
Dick Bodson has over thirty years of success in federal contracting leadership emphasizing information technology, management consulting, and communications. He has led and participated in enterprise growth through organic expansion and acquisitions, successfully reversing failing organizations, and leaving each entity more productive, larger, and more profitable. His experience includes 21 years with large businesses (General Dynamics IT, DynCorp I&ET, and EDS), and 13 years with small businesses (RSIS, FCBS, AVIEL/NetStar-1, and LeapFrog Solutions). Professional highlights include the following.
- Full corporate leadership including infrastructure
- Top and bottom line growth
- Led business development departments with high bid success rate
- Key to acquisitions – 3 Companies acquired; 2 Companies sold
- Successful strategic planning and execution
- Experiences with varied financial investments (public, sole ownership, private equity)
- Customer accolades and awards for quality excellence
In each company, Dick has been instrumental in organizing and leading the operations and the back office components. He has led successful corporate and personnel development and growth initiatives. He excels at working with employees, teaming partners, and customers at all levels for mutual success. Instrumental in both acquiring and integrating other companies, he led the acquisition of his most recent company (FCBS and then AVIEL). His span of responsibility has ranged from leading a business unit of over 1,100 employees and $167 million per year of highly profitable revenue, to managing all aspects of a small and growing business. At each of the small businesses, Dick fulfilled his mission, helping the company achieve their strategic goals, and then he moved on to assist a succession of companies. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Virginia.