SHINE Forms Board of Advisors
Strategic Step Positions SHINE For Next Stage Of Significant Growth
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. July 1, 2009 — SHINE President Jeff Thomas announced the addition of three consulting practice pioneers featuring 100+ years of combined business, technical, and leadership experience to the newly-formed SHINE Board of Advisors.
Mr. Thomas praised the impressive group: “SHINE Systems is honored to have the wise counsel of these Advisors, as we position for our next stage of growth. Each Advisor brings to SHINE Systems insights gained from many years of serving clients. Their leadership experience and multitude of contacts from their respective areas of expertise have already begun to bear fruit.”
The new members of SHINE Systems’ Board of Advisors are:
Doug Keach features 35+ years of executive leadership experience including small, privately held businesses and large, publicly held businesses spanning the US Federal, state, and local governments; commercial; and international markets. Mr. Keach has honed a reputation for rapid market expansion as follows:
- led a 5-fold growth as President of Digital Management Inc. from 2005-2008
- created an integrated business development organization within DigitalNet/BAE Systems that captured over $100M in contracts
- re-defined offerings and business development strategy for a small software solutions provider (Avanco) and a Fast 50 8(a) (Creative Information Technology, Inc.)started and led Wang International’s global desktop and networking outsourcing business resulting in $250M in new business
- grew I-NET 4-fold to $400M with its largest federal contract ($200M) and first commercial contract ($30M)
- served a key role in the development of Computer Sciences Corporation’s range services business including initial wins at Edwards AFB ($180M) and Eastern Test Range ($360M)
At CSC from 1975 to 1992, Mr. Keach managed delivery and operation of onsite solutions and services at NASA’s Goddard, Kennedy, and Stennis Centers as well as DOE’s operation in Las Vegas. His NASA experience includes development of the Space Shuttle onboard avionics system at the Johnson Space Center and leading the Shuttle Software Systems Branch at the Space and Missile Systems Organization in Los Angeles.
Mr. Keach holds Masters and Bachelor of Science degrees in Engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology and Alfred University. He oversees and is growing SHINE’s new presence and operations in the Washington DC metro area.
Kenneth Golden is a retired US Navy Commodore with 35+ years experience including overseeing operations of US Naval aviation squadrons, amphibious ships, and joint/coalition forces. In support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Commodore Golden led the largest amphibious force from the West Coast since the Korean War commanding over 10,000 Sailors and Marines, seven capital ships, and over 90 aircraft. Since retiring in 2004, Mr. Golden continues to serve as an analyst and expert for the Joint Forces Command (JFCOM) through SAIC, BAE Corporation, and COMMIT Inc. He currently provides his amphibious warfare expertise to deploying USN and USMC commands on the East Coast. Mr. Golden is a decorated veteran having been awarded:
- the Defense Superior Service Medal
- the Legion of Merit with Gold Star
- the Meritorious Service Medal with two Gold Stars
- the Navy Commendation Medal
- the Navy Achievement Medal
In 2009, Mr. Golden received the Beckham Medallion – the highest alumni honor – from Ferrum College where he attended and was a member of the 1968 NJCAA National Championship football team. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Education from the University of Virginia and attended the Naval War College in Newport, RI. Mr. Golden will support SHINE’s growing presence in Virginia’s Hampton Roads area and beyond.
Walt Levering is accomplished across a broad array of achievements in 35+ years spanning private, public, and non-profit sectors. As product/support manager at Incoterm (Honeywell) and Docutel, he wrote functional specifications for the first self-ticketing airline passenger kiosks, secured initial implementations of ATM machines, and guided new ATM users in deployment, installation, and marketing strategies. His entrepreneurial ventures have featured real estate development in MA and VA; founder and CEO of Rabbit, Inc., an export/import trade development company; and founder and CEO of DAX Media, a multi-media presentation website development company. These pursuits led Mr. Levering to continuing active involvement in supporting the interests of the technology sector in Central Virginia including:
- Co-founder, first CEO, later Chairman of the Virginia Piedmont Technology Council (VPTC)
- Co-founder, first Secretary/Treasurer, and later Chairman of the Virginia Technology Alliance, a consortium of all ten technology councils in Virginia
- Active board member for VPTC, the Shenandoah Valley Technology Council, Region 2000 Technology Council, Virginia Business Incubator Association, and the local Workforce Investment Board.
- Former Regional Director for Virginia’s Center for Innovative Technology (CIT) mentoring early-stage companies commercializing innovations and improving conditions supporting technology-based economic development
His work with VPTC and Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) developing programs to support the workforce needs of local industry led to his appointment to the PVCC Board where he now serves as Chair. Recently, Mr. Levering mobilized Oklahoma’s congressional delegation support for Tiger Truck Manufacturing resulting in Tiger Truck receiving the largest utility vehicle contract award in history. Mr. Levering will support SHINE’s growth in Charlottesville, regionally throughout Virginia, and beyond.
SHINE Systems & Technologies (SHINE; www.shinesystech.com) is a small business management consultancy headquartered in Charlottesville, VA. SHINE Systems is focused on enabling clients with end-to-end solutions that leverage workflow, technology integration, collaboration, and innovation. Our client base includes the Federal Government, State and Local Governments, Non-Profits, and Commercial firms. SHINE’s subject matter expertise encompasses military and business Intelligence Analysis, Fusion, and Analytics; web and non-web based Software Engineering; Business Process and Workflow Engineering, Re-Engineering, and Optimization; Collaboration and Strategic Planning; the Information Technologies; the Health and Life Sciences; and Intellectual Property Management and Commercialization.